Monday, May 27, 2013

TWD: Savory Brioche Pockets

This was not a complicated or difficult Baking with Julia recipe but it was time-consuming!



With the brioche this time around I was not nervous that the butter would not incorporate.



I made half the recipe with the goat cheese, potato and asparagus filling.  I love these ingredients.  I tasted the filling before I placed into the pockets but in the end I did not end up adding enough salt.  For this reason, I sprinkled kosher salt on top of the second batch that came out of the oven.



I decided to do small turnover shapes because I wanted them to be more like appetizer-sized.



Because I was late making this recipe, I brought these to a Memorial Day picnic.



I used the remainder of the dough to make the blankets for the pigs.



I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day with family and friends.

Warmly,
Broad Brook Bakers

3 comments:

  1. They look fabulous as well as the dogs! I found these to be a bit bland as well. I think they need more than just salt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your mini versions of these - perfect for a quick bite or two.

    By the end of this book, we will be expert brioche makers, won't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great! I love minis! So much faster!

    ReplyDelete